When It Rained Heavy In Mumbai

Almost everyone in India must have heard many times when it rains in Mumbai everything stops⛈🌧. The monsoon arrived in Mumbai this year in 2021,with heavy rains and I got to experience what it means when one says "Mumbai stops when it rains heavily."



Watch the video,☝👬compiled the short clips that day


Before moving ahead I would like to share something about me. I am Prakash Singh, staying in Mumbai since October 2020. I work in PSU bank and came here after being transferred from Dhanbad, the coal capital of India.Settling down in Mumbai I decided to compile my experiences by creating a blog. My last blog post was on Visit to Elephanta Caves(Gharapauri Maharashtra)

                                  (Prakash Singh)



Here is my latest write-up on Mumbai monsoon(Blog Exploring Mumbai), heavy rains, and what it means when we say Mumbai stops when it rains heavily.


The rainy season in Mumbai starts June to October: This is the famous monsoon season in Mumbai which sees continuous rainfall


I was eagerly waiting to see what it feels like being in Mumbai in monsoons. This time in 2021, the monsoon arrived with a bang. The meteorological department before the arrival of the monsoon informed that it may rain for three days straight at the onset of the monsoon.


It was a normal day for me. I woke up, did some routine works, spent time with family, and as the clock hit 8:15 am, I drove to the office. It was raining since last night. As I reached the office colleagues were talking about what may happen if it continues to rain for few more hours. The adventurous guy inside me was waiting to see what it means when it rains cats and dogs in MUMBAI.


 My department is on the 7th floor of the building and there are glasses all around. Being in the office, I noticed from there that it rained throughout that day.


                            view from the office floor

 The gossips were all around that it may hamper traffic and people may get stuck in offices. It was 4 o'clock when the announcement speaker began to buzz and all office staff was informed to leave the office in time as the weather outside was not good. The senior authorities asked staff members to move.


 I completed my task and exited the office. As I sat in my car, I dialed a friend who has been in Mumbai for more than a year and inquired which route to take to reach back home. He said almost all roads are blocked due to waterlogging. He insisted I leave the car and take an auto or cab and move.

 But I decided to move in the car. As I drove through Bandra Kurla complex to Chembur I saw cars on the other lane was stuck and none were moving. The route passes through Kurla where waterlogging in heavy rains is normal in monsoons.


                     the other lane connecting Kurla & traffic jam

 I moved ahead crossing the flyovers and reached nearby my locality. None of the vehicles was able to pass the lanes around Godrej Central because of excess waterlogging. I tried twice to pass by and reach home but my efforts went in vain as the water level on the way to home rose to the bonnets of my car. I decided to take another route. I called my friend. Thanks to that there we met a guy from my apartment who informed me that he took another way to reach back home. I asked him to get along with us and guide us. Relatively, the way that we took was much better and we were able to reach back home. My family was waiting and greeted me on coming back home. Got to know, my parents away back home were anxious in Dhanbad so I called them up, intimated them about my status, and shared my experience with them. At last, I reached home. Watch the below video I made that day while getting through all this.

 
                                Watch the video,☝👬compiled the short clips that day


Below are my few suggestions which Mumbaikars should be ready within monsoon days:

 

1.Avoid Traveling In Your Two-Wheelers During Rain

 

2.Avoid Going Near Beaches

 

3.Wear Comfortable Footwear

 

4.Always plan your day, listen to weather forecast news and live updates.

 

5.Avoid trains as they are the first to stop functioning.

 

6.Better stay at home and enjoy the day watching Netflix.

 

I would keep on adding relevant things to all my articles on Blog Exploring Mumbai. Keep in touch and do share your comments.

 

Prakash Singh😊



                                   

            

 

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Renting a flat in Mumbai.

COMING TO MUMBAI reluctantly